Tuesday, October 18, 2005

A company is announced that it wishes to build a large factory near your community. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the new influence on your community. Do you support or oppose the factory? Explain your position.


Nowadays, some may hold the opinion that it is good for a company to build a large factory near your community. But others have a negative attitude. As far as I am concerned, I oppose to build a factory near my community. My arguments for this point are listed as follows.

The main reason for my position is that factories might cause not only air pollution but also noise pollution. A good example may be found in the case that in the industrial part, thousands of cars gather in the area every day; thus, the smoke emitted by the cars caused the severe air pollution. Furthermore, the noise resulted from the operation of factories also affects the living quality of the residents. Therefore, it is obvious that building a factory near my community is not a wise decision.

Another reason why I opposed to build a factory near my community is that if a factory build in my community, it will cause the traffic jam every day. The more cars we have in our community, the more danger we have in our daily life. For living a better life, I strongly opposed to have a factory near my community.

Moreover, the waste water is also a serous problem need to be handled with care. It is inevitable for a factory to discharge the waster water; however, the facility to solve the problem related to the waste water cost a lot; thus, whether the factory near my community settle the waste water problem well will influence the environmental quality of my community. Thus, I believe that lest the factory provides the concrete plan to solve the problem, residents should not agree to build a factory near our community.

In sum, there is no denying that building a factory will boost the prosperity near my community. However, if the problems accompanying with the factory existence such as the air pollution, the noise pollution, the traffic safety and the waste water can not be solved properly, we will have the prosperity at the cost of our health and living security. Therefore, I disagree to build a factory near my community.

No comments: